1. AQUADEXTROUS (ak wa deks' trus) adj.
Possessing the ability to turn
the bathtub faucet on and off with your toes.
2. CARPERPETUATION (kar' pur pet u a shun) n. The act, when
of running over a string or a piece of debris at least a dozen times,
reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back
down to give the vacuum one more chance.
3. DISCONFECT (dis kon fekt') v. To sterilize the piece of candy you
dropped on the floor by blowing on it, assuming this will
somehow`remove' all the germs.
4. ELBONICS (el bon' iks) n. The actions of two people maneuvering
one armrest in a movie theater.
5. FRUST (frust) n. The small line of debris that refuses to be
onto the dust pan and keeps backing a person across the room until he
finally decides to give up and sweep it under the
6. LACTOMANGULATION (lak' to man gyu lay' shun) n. Manhandling the
"open here" spout on a milk container so badly that one has to resort
to the 'illegal' side.
7. PEPPIER (pehp ee ay') n. The waiter at a fancy restaurant whose
purpose seems to be walking around asking diners if they want ground
8. PHONESIA (fo nee' zhuh) n. The affliction of dialing a phone
and forgetting whom you were calling just as they
9. PUPKUS (pup' kus) n. The moist residue left on a window after a
presses its nose to it.
10. TELECRASTINATION (tel e kras tin ay' shun) n. The act of always
letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when
you're only six inches away.